* How diverse is your existing PLN?
* In your PLN, are you learning from a variety of voices or are you the loudest in the room?

If you ask me if my existing PLN is diverse, to be honest, I would say yes. The IT industry is developing very rapidly. If an IT practitioner stops learning, it is easy to be eliminated in the workplace. The development of technology is changing with each passing day. Therefore, as a computer science student, it is necessary to use social media to communicate with others frequently. Therefore, in addition to learning new knowledge in class, I often browse many different social platforms and track some technical bloggers, they have different backgrounds, ages, jobs, identities, experiences, etc. Some of them may be working as developers in a world-renowned advanced company. They have the most cutting-edge technology and the latest knowledge. Communicating with them allows me Now I am just a junior in UVic, obviously I lack a lot of experience, I still need to learn a lot of knowledge and practice my knowledge. Obviously, I am not the loudest in the room.

* Do you participate in a silo of information sharing (similar themes or a wide range of interests)?

* How can you use a diverse PLN to broaden your views of inclusion?

As mentioned in my previous blog post, programmers will definitely be exposed to platforms such as GitHub. This platform allows users to share their own developed programs or communication technology. On this platform, there are a variety of source codes, most of which are free to use, and these codes are usually uploaded and shared voluntarily by users, and I will also share some of my assignments as resource sharing, although these resources For most of the programmers who are already employed, it is simple, uploading these assignments sometimes will get some more professional suggestions or advice, which helps me to continuously improve myself. In addition to using GitHub, I think some forums can also be used to run my own PLN. Stackoverflow, Chinese Software Developer Network are some of the more famous forums. Here you can ask questions you encounter in daily code writing, and some professional people will be enthusiastic to answer your questions. In addition, there are many professional technical blogs here, which often discuss some technical issues, which benefit readers a lot. But I am only a student at the moment, and my skills need to be improved, so I can’t write some valuable articles. But I often read these articles, which can help me understand the latest consulting and stay abreast of the latest technology. This can broaden my views of inclusion.

* In your professional setting of choice, do you think inclusion is actively embraced?

Yes, my professional setting of choice is actively embraced. I would be a programmer in an IT company. As I mentioned earlier, the technology of it is improving every day, and new technologies are born every day. Because of inclusion, we can learn new technologies and learn from others’ problem-solving ideas, which is very important for a programmer who needs to solve problems from time to time.

* What is the learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?

Always learn from other people’s experiences and learn other people’s technology for your own use. This can ensure my exposure to diversity and inclusion.

* How has your thinking about inclusion and PLN evolved after reviewing the videos and readings?

After reviewing the videos and readings about inclusion and PLN, I understand that diversity is very important to PLN. Different views can stimulate more thinking, and more thinking can generate more ideas to make progress.