Community Engagement in Public Communications

The biggest advantage of social media is that it changes the way people communicate. In addition to its convenience, social media can also build a larger network, and everyone has the opportunity to participate in this network and express their opinions. Moreover, social media can categorize different fields, so that people in the same field can better gather together, which is unimaginable in the past. But while social media provides great convenience, it also creates the possibility of illegal use, especially the spread of fake news. It is also very common for some lawbreakers to spread fake news to achieve personal goals. Due to its low crime risk, low cost, and high efficiency, we often see a lot of fake information. In addition to the ability of people to distinguish the authenticity, they also need the help of some policies or laws to help build a good Web environment.
I think PLN allows us to expand and understand the views of others. Whenever some important international events happen, I will go to Weibo Or Twitter, to search for related comments on this hashtag. This helps me understand the mainstream views of the public and compare them with my own. In addition to learning some of the more opinions, although these views are not mainstream, sometimes these ideas can inspire our thinking and understand one thing in many ways. Similarly, when we want to build a PLN that can develop healthily and in the long run, commentators are essential. The content of PLN itself is important, but it is more important to establish a platform for exchanging opinions, so as to attract more people to browse and leave messages.